Sunday, September 29, 2013

OctoberQuest - A Review


The end of September is upon us, and that means that October is just around the corner. What's the significance, you ask? October means it's time for me to embark on my second annual OctoberQuest.

Last year, I set out to take advantage of the Fall seasonal beer craze. For each of the 31 days in October, I drank a different seasonal beer and briefly reviewed it. It was such a lovely experience that I've decided to continue it into this year. That being said, it's always good to remember where you've come from before you think about where you're going. Without further ado, here are last year's reviews:




Takeaways from last year:

  • Interesting breakdown for scores of 4 or higher - 5 Octoberfest/Marzens and only 1 Pumpkin Ale
  • I took issue with a number of entries' sour bite/finish
  • Several were sweeter than I care for, but that may just be my preference as opposed to poor execution


So, for this year's OctoberQuest II, I'll be posting weekly recaps for a whole new 31 Fall seasonals. Hopefully I'll be raving about a few more Pumpkin Ales than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment